Saturday, January 07, 2006

Pet Peeve

I don't think I have very many pet peeves, but this is one of them...

When people spell SEPARATE with 3 E's.

I'm not too critical when it is just a casual note or something informal. However, in the last year I have seen it misspelled in at least 3 magazines and now I have it right in front of me on a contest entry form from Weight Watchers. It is just not acceptable when a professional company doesn't have an editor who can spot that error. Don't they have spell check at least??

I "googled" the misspelling, and there are over 9.6 MILLION times that it is misspelled. I know that some of those are people like me, complaining about the ignorance of some others...but 9 MILLION! Really, now.

7 comments:

Linda's Place said...

Here's my pet peeve --people who try to spell "about" with only the o and not the other vowel! When they are ranting about spelling.
Whats the matter Jode spell check not working for you either?? =)
Love ya anyways!

Jody said...

Ha ha!
Thanks, Lin. I fixed it for ya.
;-)

Linda's Place said...

Hey Greg was in on that one too! ;)

Kimberley said...

How about when people don't use the correct word in a sentence...like "in from of me" instead of in froNT of me...hee, hee.
Love ya Jode!

Jody said...

It took y'all long enough to find that one! Sheesh! Ha ha!
My only defense is that I had a wiggly baby on my lap.

Oh, and this blog only has one editor, and she does NOT get paid to proofread. She usually leaves that up to Marty...or her best friends...

Anyone else? Go ahead... attack my grammar. I can take it.

Anonymous said...

eye kaint understood nuttin yall sayed, butt i think i feels the same way. :)

Anonymous said...

Don't you just hate it when you point a finger and find that there are 3 pointing right back at you?
I can't begin to tell you how many times I've had that happen in my lifetime. As wonderful as you are I'm glad you aren't perfect.