I've been wondering how to make this "cookie bowl" for a nephew's wedding. It's a huge round box, with cookies attached to the sides AND it holds about 22 dozen cookies.
It turned out as good as I could have hoped for since I'd never done it before. I used advice from many friends and family.
Thanks to all who helped!
11 comments:
I love this! It looks absolutely wonderful. How do you get your chocolate chip cookies to be so round and perfect?
Thank you, Bridget!
Making the cookies round is the easiest pat of the whole process. I use a cookie scoop that is about 1 inch across. I just scoop and drop.
(Pampered Chef sells a good one, but you can get them at any decent kitchen store.)
I also use an airbake cookie sheet. I don't know if that makes a difference or not.
Great Job, Jody!!! I popped over here from the MOMYS digest. I love the cookie bowl! I bet you are pleased how it turned out. At first I thought you put a picture of the professional one on your site!!
:o) Rachel
This is incredible looking! Congrats! Thanks so much for letting us see the end result. It truly looks good enough to eat!
Mary Ellen
Wow! How long did it take to make the 264 cookies to fill the cookie bowl?
You are so talented, and such a good home-maker. I am glad you can be home to do so many neat projects.
Love, Sherri
Saw your post on MOMYS and thought I'd take a peek! Looks awesome! Wish I could have a taste! How much does it weigh? I hope you have a sturdy board underneath it all! Was the this the one you are bringing to the wedding or just a trial run? Great work!!
~Shelly~
Thanks, again! You are all so sweet. I had no idea this would be such a popular post!
OK- Questions answered:
I made the cookie dough on different occasions during the week, so all I had to do Saturday morning was bake them. I started at 8:15 and finished sometime around noon. I wanted them to be fresh for better taste. (The cookie bowl itself took all day (noon - 8-ish) on Thursday (including interruptions from the kids & all).
I didn't think to weigh it! But, it was very heavy. I had it on a cake board, which was mostly covered with the entire bowl. The only tray I could find that was big enough to set it on was an upside down deli tray with some plastic ruffle to hide the tray.
This was the real thing. I made a small one on a rectangle shoe box just to see how the recipes would hold up. It would have been too expensive to make a practice one this big.
It was tiring, but I did it for a blessed occasion. It was a peaceful morning for the most part and I found myself praying for the bride and groom several times while making this for them.
Now I'm hungry for cookies! This looks amazing!!! I'll have to try this sometime. How did you get the sides to stick? Frosting? Great work! Where's the glass of milk? Ha! :o)
-Rachel
Your sacrifice of time and talent is perhaps the very best gift our newlyweds received. The "cookie bowl" was such a hit at the reception, and as always your cookies were divine! The bride and groom were just sorry that they somehow didn't get any chocolate chip in their basket. Next time you bake you just might need to send a dozen over to them. You are such a blessing to our family. BTW----Happy Birthday today!
Happy Birthday to one of the sweetest and most talented women I know!
Love, Sherri
Happy birthday!!!!!! :o)
Post a Comment