Saturday, June 14, 2008

Fun Fathers

"What a dreadful thing it must be to have a dull father. "
-- Mary Mapes Dodge



My dads (I have two, as it just so happens) were great at supplying adventure to the lives of my sisters and me. We were never lacking for outdoor fun, camping, fishing, snowmobiling, and plain old picnics in the backyard. At the time, I had no idea what a blessing it was to be out in the wild, without a phone and my curling iron.

I still jump when bugs come near me, and I really don't like to be away from home very often. But, now, I wouldn't trade those wild times for anything. I might never have touched a worm in my whole life if it hadn't been for them.

My girls already treasure the adventures with their dad. So far, it has been "real" acting on stage and going to Six Flags that top the list. Who knows what might happen if he takes them camping while they are in their teens, but I can say that at least one of my girls will jump all over that one with joy.

So, thank you Dad & Dad for giving my life some adventure. The memories are a treasure to me.

No comments: