Friday, September 19, 2008

Isaiah 40:28-31

Have you not known? Have you not heard?
The Lord is the everlasting God,
the Creator of the ends of the earth.

He does not faint or grow weary;
his understanding is unsearchable.

He gives power to the faint,
and to him who has no might he increases strength.

Even youths shall faint and be weary,
and young men shall fall exhausted;
but they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength;
they shall mount up with wings like eagles;
they shall run and not be weary;
they shall walk and not faint.


I've been weary lately. I've been searching for God's will for this time in my life, but I was too tired to read the Bible... no wonder I wasn't feeling any peace about decisions that had to be made. So, this morning, I read a book to the girls. In God's wonderful way of opening up my heart, this scripture was the verse of the day.

My strength is already renewing, just knowing that all I have to do is wait on Him. I will not rely on my own understanding and try to fix what I think are problems.

1 comment:

SherriMartin said...

Jody, don't grow weary in well doing. In due season, you will reap the reward. The Lord is at Hand.

Take a ten minute vacation....time to just "be". Pull away from everyone and everything.

May God give you peace and a time of abiding like you have never experienced.

Love, Sherri