Monday, June 01, 2009

Following

My girls and I were walking through a store not long ago and one of them kept stepping on my feet. This is a regular occurrence in my life and I just try to move on without letting them know how much it irritates, and sometimes even hurts, me...

But, one Sunday, I saw a sign that said, "How closely are you following Jesus?" and it made me ponder the stepping on of my feet that occurs weekly in my life.

Christ said "Follow Me" to his disciples. But, what does that mean for us today? We can't literally walk behind him... but I do think we step on his toes when we try to get ahead of his plan for us. We try to "fix things" and get in the way of his perfect leading.

I'm going to make it my focus this week to let my Lord lead me and try not to step in His toes...

No comments: