Sunday, January 30, 2005

The Messy Trough

Marty and I (and 3 of our girls) went out this weekend looking at houses and neighborhoods In Mesquite. We are planning to move closer to Dallas in order for Marty's commute to be shorter for each of his jobs. What a huge decision we are going to be making! There are so many things to be considered and so much to be done in order to make these plans happen.

I was thinking today about how much work I need to do and still take care of the usual, duties. Our house is usually cluttered with toys and shoes, etc... I stress out about how I can be a good mom and allow such mess! Marty and I both will have to do MUCH work to get our house in presentable selling order.

God sure knows how to use others to reassure me. I read an email today written by some other mommies with little ones around. Here is how they encouraged me:

1. "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11---so I need to just trust that the Lord will lead us to the right house. I hope we are listening when it comes time.

2. Here is a verse I had never taken personally until today. I am pretty sure I have read it as one those Proverbs that is for someone else...Now I can hide it in my heart. It is Prov. 14:4 "Where no oxen are, the trough is clean; but much increase comes by the strength of an ox".

~~ My children are worth the extra work and mess. I can glorify God by teaching them to help out with a willing heart.
Some day these hard times will be replaced with endless days of rejoicing because I was faithful to endure 'the messy trough.'

No comments: