Thursday, July 27, 2006

New Every Morning

Time is passing so quickly these days. The girls are growing up & changing every day. I can't stop that, and honestly I don't want to. I love their innocence & youth... but now that I'm a mother, I see that my girls have such potential to grow into women of faith. I want them to grow so that I can see the seeds that I am planting come to fruition.

The seeds that were planted in me so long ago by my own mother, step-father, & grandparents are important factors in the faith I now have. Seeds of faith that were not easily crushed. There were some years when I did not go to church or even care to go. There were times when I pushed away from my faith and pursued my own desires. A part of me regrets those years, but at the same time, it created such a thirst for God in me that when I found him again, I knew I would never leave Him for that old, parched life again. I had to leave some friends behind. I had to let some things die in order to grow my faith. It wasn't easy, but God as faithful to lead me in the right direction.

Each morning is not a breeze, though. I struggle to find time to read the Word. Some days I forget to pray until the day is done. There are many times I feel like I have failed in this planting, growing, weeding, and nurturing process, which is not just in my own garden anymore. I'm growing my daughters' faith as I grow my own. Sometimes I feel like they are way ahead of me in the faith department. Those are the days when I know I'm still under the mercies of God. If I could not wake (or go to sleep) each day knowing that I have another chance to get it right, I might not get to sleep. Being secure in the knowledge of new mercies every morning brings peace each night and hope to each day. I'm not going to stop trying. The lives of my children are at the mercies of the Lord, too. Praise be to God for that, because if they were at my own mercy, they would dry up.




"Through the LORD’s mercies we are not consumed,
Because His compassions fail not.
They are new every morning;
Great is Your faithfulness. "
Lamentations 3:22


"I have no greater joy than this, to hear of my children walking in the truth."
3 John 1:4

No comments: