On Tuesday, as I was making mental preparations for Thanksgiving dinner, I caught a program on Great American Country TV, or "Gack" as Hannah says. It was Alan Jackson's Precious Memories album as a live concert.
Whew! I was already sentimental as Thanksgiving was my Nana's favorite holiday next to Christmas. But, the songs, which are all hymns, as Alan Jackson sang them were something I knew Nana would love. I was crying in the kitchen and my kids just let me do it. They know that I'm okay if I say, "I'm just missing Nana." Hannah is convinced she misses Nana, too, even though she had only been to MT twice to see her before the age of 2.
I highly recommend this CD for anyone who loves to sing hymns and not be surprised with vocal twists and turns.
This is the one that got me crying... knowing that Nana, and my Bobby & Poppa, and other loved ones are "In the Garden."
In The Garden
I come to the garden alone
While the dew is still on the roses
And the voice I hear, falling on my ear
The Son of God discloses
And He walks with me
And He talks with me
And He tells me I am His own
And the joy we share as we tarry there
None other has ever known
I'd stay in the garden with Him
'Tho the night around me is falling
But He bids me go; through the voice of woe
His voice to me is calling
And He walks with me
And He talks with me
And He tells me I am His own
And the joy we share as we tarry there
None other has ever known
2 comments:
Hi Jody,
Thanks for sharing. I just stood and choked back the tears (choked them back because it was too cold to let them freeze on my face!) at our traditional spot at the Commons in Anaconda for the tree lighting. I remember how much Nana liked to see the tree and to watch my girls as they looked with excitement. I miss her too, but am ever thankful we will be together someday. Those old hymns always remind me of Nana too - every time. My favorite is by Sandy Patty - simply awesome worship of our awesome God.
remembering is a gift no one can take away.....cherish it! I have the Alan Jackson cd; it is a favorite.
Post a Comment