It's getting closer to the day when I need to have my ducks in a row for giving gifts. I'm not even close to being ready. I have only purchased a few things when I need about 100. Well, maybe not that many, but close.
I've come to expect the low prices on the day after Thanksgiving from the various stores around here. Walmart is not the only place that has good deals on Black Friday, as it is called.
Over the years, Walmart has been steadily losing ground in my personal shopping life. The service is unpredictable. The prices on the shelf aren't always what you pay at the register. The meat and produce are not delicious, either. Then there is the new self-checkout line, which is mostly worthless to me with 4 kids in tow.
I'm trying to do some shopping online so that I can have it shipped to my mom's house. We will be there for the holidays and it will be easier to hide gifts from the girls that way. This year I won't do my online shopping at Walmart because of a recent announcement. I can't promise, though, that I won' be going to Walmart ever again since it is basically the only place I can go get medicine in the middle of the night... or get the big block of cheese slices that we prefer.
**I lost my train of thought on this as I had to go break up an argument over the buzzer on a board game. So, I'll leave you with this:
Christmas is coming upon us quickly. I'm getting ready. I buy gifts because I like to give gifts. I know that Christmas is not about shopping and buying all the things kids want. My parents taught me better than that.
Christmas is about Jesus and the gift that He was and still is. I want to teach my children that we give to others because God gave so much to us. Yes, Christmas stretches the budget. But it is nothing compared to what we have received. Make good memories with your family and friends. Enjoy the life that we have in Christ.
1 comment:
thanks for the info.; somehow i missed this announcement
Post a Comment