I have to begin packing up the things in our home so that we can move.
Where do I start?? Since we don't have a move-out date yet, I don't want to pack up things I might need.
I am pretty sure I won't need books except for my Bible and cookbooks. I have packed a few trinket items...but now what?
If you have any suggestions for packing up an entire house while taking care of the rest of the daily duties for the family, PLEASE PLEASE!!! send them to me ASAP.
I haven't mentioned this idea to Marty, but maybe someone out there can give an opinion-
Should we rent a storage unit in Mesquite (which is where we will be moving) and take stuff over there a little at a time?
(Marty works over in Mesquite several times a month, so it wouln't be much extra gas to do that.)
Or should we just pack the garage full even though potential buyers might be put off by the stacks of boxes??
hmmm....as I sit here I realize that there is much to be done, so I'd better sign off.
1 comment:
We're moving but don't have a move-out date yet either. I think the storage idea sounds lovely. We are stacking boxes in our garage, even though the realtor told us not to, sigh... I would like to rent a storage area, I don't think they are all that expensive? But our move will be cross country and my husband isn't keen on moving boxes from two locations (our house and a storage area) when moving day comes.
What I have been doing is going room by room and packing anything we don't need... and pretending we're camping. If it's something I would not use on a two week camping trip (perhaps to a sparsely furnished cabin, rather than in a tent) I pack it. I allow one plate, one cup, one spoon, etc per person plus two extra (in case something breaks) and I pack the rest.... I have resolved just not to bake cakes, etc, so I have packed my cake pans.... I can serve dinner out of the pans, so I am packing my serving dishes.
I'm gathering all medicines and cleaning supplies in one place, and seeing what I have double of... or what's expired, and I'm trying to consolidate or toss.
Of the kids toys, I'm packing the things that get into little peices all over the floor (like playmobil, lego, puzzles) so that only "easy to pick up quick if potential buyers are coming" things remain. I figure the kids can do without them for a while and when they are finally unpacked again it will be like getting new toys. ;o)
We're still getting cold days and hot days so it's harder to decide what clothes to pack. I'm trying to pack away the real wintery stuff.
I've also determined not to start any new sewing/quilting/knitting/craft projects until after we've moved, so I'm packing all those supplies now.
Post a Comment