I suppose I ought to be thankful for sickness. It teaches me a lot about myself. It's hard to be thankful, though, when you are getting coughed on, sneezed on, and puked on at least 20 hours of the day. Sleep gives its precious comfort only a few hours at a time. It's hard to be thankful when you can barely get out of bed...and only do so to make sure your kids are still breathing.
But, I am thankful for many things after this illness that has crept inside our house for the last week or so.
* All the children are still breathing, playing, and fussing. Okay, so I'm not thankful for the actual bickering...just for the energy it takes to do so.
*My dear husband has not had to miss any work over this. He's been a bit sick, but not enough to miss work.
*We have health insurance in case we need it.
*We have had enough medicine & nourishment.
and best of all...
*I got to hug my girls often and say a few more prayers than usual.
God is good.
No comments:
Post a Comment