This child, who is usually so quiet, looked at me and said, "DON'T MESS IT UP!"
I chuckled a little bit to myself & smiled back and said I would be careful.
It did remind me though, of how we sometimes ask God to do something for us & He does it so easily. Yet, we sit in the background telling him how and when we want it done. If we could be more trusting and less bossy, we would probably see much more accomplished each day. I can just imagine God smiling to Himself as I'm praying about my troubles & asking Him to fix things & hoping He
Letting go of that last bit of control we have is hard, but it is the only way for us to show God that we trust Him. But, if we truly had control, we wouldn't need His help in the first place. In spite of the song my kids sometimes sing, Christians are not happy all the time. We have sorrow and trials, and we need help. Life is a challenge, every day. There is an answer.
The righteous cry out, and the LORD hears, And delivers them out of all their troubles. The LORD is near to those who have a broken heart, And saves such as have a contrite spirit. Many are the afflictions of the righteous, But the LORD delivers him out of them all. Psalms 34:17-19
No comments:
Post a Comment