Friday, October 27, 2006

Sweet Lindsey

She's 2 years old today... my baby girl #4. I still call them all my baby, but she's the littlest one. She was by far my easiest baby to birth. That was one good epidural. While the nurses were preparing the hospital bed for me to start pushing , the doctor said she was already born! She did it all herself, determined and capable. Thanks to an amazing epidural, no pain at all for me.

Now I'm feeling it. Lindsey is the busiest of all 4 girls. My first baby, at age 2, was starting to sleep in her big girl bed & she would stay there until I went to get her in the morning! Not Lindsey. She wants out of bed & if she had a big girl bed, she'd be hard to find. At least for now I know where she is in the morning. The rest of the day has many moments of seeking her whereabouts, hoping she hasn't flushed anything else down the toilet or taken off a messy diaper... again.

Whew! She takes a lot of energy from me. But she gives a lot of love in return. She my biggest "hug bug" in the house. She kinks her neck and holds out her arms many times a day for a hug. She'll give one to just about anyone, too. She's a good baby... just determined to be self-sufficient as soon as possible. If she could just get all her teeth in, maybe I'd get some rest in between adventures.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

She is *so* cute! Happy late birthday to her! It was the sweetest thing the other day when Marty said "this is Abby" and Linsdey went "Hi Abby!" just as cute as can be!

Chelle / Chel said...

What a darling picture! Brought a smile to my face.

Chelle

Rachel Richard said...

She's a doll! :o)