Wednesday, January 17, 2007

This and That Matters

It seems that I have a lot of irons in the fire... but I'm not getting anything done. I seriously don't know what all I have been doing, aside from daily life duties, keeping up with the kids, and taking care of the basics of life. Those things seem to pile up faster than I can make plans to do anything else.

In the midst of all the laundry, cooking, cleaning, child-rearing, schooling, and all that jazz, I have been thinking often about one thing in particular. I'd like for you, my few faithful readers, to give input and PRAY for me as I consider the plan to go about it.

I'd like to start a Christian school. Not by myself, of course!

As you know, we were homeschooling our girls for a short while. Things became hectic and unorganized for different reasons, so Marty & I thought a temporary placement in public school would be an okay compromise until we can get things rolling again. Maybe things are not headed back home, though...

My girls love to go to school. So, my desire is to find other families who would be willing to start a small Christian school here in Forney. I know there are schools in Terrell, Mesquite, and other towns near us. I don't want to drive anywhere else. I also don't want a school that is going to cost an arm and a leg (or more) since we will have to put all 4 kids into it at some point.

There are some other ideas I have for it that won't really matter until later on. Until then, I need help from anyone who feels like praying.

So, for now, would you please pray with me and for us that God will lead us to other families who have the same desire to educate their children in a Christian environment? This is too important not to pray about. It's something that needs God's blessing.




"...but grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To Him be the glory both now and forever. Amen."
2 Peter 3:18

1 comment:

Rachel Richard said...

This sounds like a great idea!!! What a great way to teach your kids about God too.