Monday, January 22, 2007

Where credit is due

I just finished reading Marty's post about Rod . I'm honored to know Rod, too. It is likely that Rod will inspire the hearts and minds of many Christians to get involved in revolutionizing our government. He is worth blogging about and I hope you will take time to read the article.

The article to which Marty refers, speaks highly of Rod. So does Rod's wife, Sherri. They have a terrific love story to which I could never do justice here. In a nutshell, Sherri says it all.

“He is our Boaz,” she says. “He redeemed what was cast off, and we love him.”


And Rod's own words below are a true reflection of the man I know. He is ever-humble and always giving credit where it is due.

“The Lord has provided for us in more ways than I can express. The fact that He could or would do so much with a poor kid from Arkansas—and a flawed one through and through—amazes me. I’m just very, very grateful for all He’s done.”

Rod and Sherri love the Lord and they believe that God has great plans for their lives. I do, too.


If My people who are called by My name will humble themselves and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.

2 Chronicles 7: 14

No comments: