Last Friday night, I had mentioned to a church friend that the wine at communion was so sweet to me. I asked her what kind it is, so that I might go and get some. She happened to have a bottle, rather a JUG, of the same kind. She said it was just taking up space in her fridge and that I was welcome to have it all.
Woo Hoo!
Now anyone who knows me, knows that I am not a regular drinker. But, I went right home and poured myself a good sized glass of the sweet, cold, red wine. (Marty thinks I'm strange for liking it cold, but I love it that way. I've even been known to put ice in it.)
I enjoyed a glass of that wine for the next four nights. Yes, four. And I am so thankful I did.
Why am I telling you all of this??
I think that sweet jug of wine is the reason I didn't get sick like the rest of the family. If you have read Marty's blog, you'd know that last Friday was the beginning of the stomach virus that went like wide fire through our house. Since I was the one doing the main clean up duty, you might think I would be the next one to get it.
Not so.
I had one day when I was really cold & I've had many days of feeling exhausted, but I never got anything bad.
So, tonight is the official night that no one is sick in our house... I think I'll go have another glass of wine for good measure.
"No longer drink only water, but use a little wine for the sake of your stomach and your frequent ailments. "
1 Timothy 5:23
2 comments:
So...what kind IS it? I like the sweeter ones as well. Riunite Lambrusco is a favorite of mine. Cheap at Wally World too!!
Love ya!
It is Livingston Cellars Red Rose.
It's only about $5 a jug! So, those of you who enjoy real fancy wine would scoff at this I'm sure. But I'm a simpleton. I like it sweet and cold.
Post a Comment