When my family moved to Michigan in 1988, I had no friends waiting for me. It was not ideal for a Junior in high school to try and make new friends. People were nice, but I missed my friends back home.
Then, a wonderful thing happened. I met Linda. We became inseparable. Everyone knew that we would be together wherever we went. She was very outspoken and was a compliment to my shyness. She brought out my confidence when I didn't have much. I love her dearly.
Tonight she is in deep sorrow. Her husband of 10 years has passed away at the age of 39. Greg was everything to her, as he should have been. I can't imagine that grief, and I don't want to. But, her pain is in my heart tonight.
Greg was loved by many. He and Linda were perfect together and I was honored to stand with them on their wedding day.
I can't help but wonder why this had to happen as it did. This was not the plan. I suppose it never is for those who truly love.
So, wives, hold your husbands closer tonight. Pray for Linda as she is in misery and grief. She has been blinded by this and can't see the light at the end of the tunnel yet. Pray for her to have Strength beyond her own. Pray for Providence in all things. She was not prepared for this loss in any way.
3 comments:
I am so very saddened to learn of your friend's loss. When a loved one hurts; the friend does indeed feel the pain so I am also praying for you, Jody.
Thank you. Prayers will help, I know.
I just keep crying about it. When Marty came home last night, I felt guilty & so very thankful at the same time.
If I wasn't hurting so badly, I would pack up my van right now and leave to be with her. I know I can't do that and that fact is adding to my sorrow.
Life is but a breath. We must always be ready to start our new life in Heaven. And, it sounds like Heaven is a better place with Greg there. Just the same, his absence for Linda must be heartbreaking. God bless her, and comfort her. HE is now her HUSBAND. God will delight in her.
Are there any children?
I hope you are feeling better.
Love, Sherri
Post a Comment