This is from an email I get from the Water of LIfe Lutheran Church.
It really blessed me. I'm sharing it with you with permission to repost it here.
*********************
"For God alone my soul waits in silence; from him comes my
salvation.... For God alone, O my soul, wait in silence, for my hope
is from him." (Ps. 62:1, 5.)
"Be still and know that I am God. I will be exalted among the nations,
I will be exalted in the earth!" (Ps. 46:10.)
"Silence is the simple stillness of the individual under the Word of
God. We are silent before hearing the Word because our thoughts are
already directed to the Word, as a child is quiet when he enters his
father's room. We are silent after hearing the Word because the Word
is still speaking and dwelling within us. We are silent at the
beginning of the day because God should have the first word, and we
are silent before going to sleep because the last word also belongs to
God....
"Silence is nothing else but waiting for God's Word and coming from
God's Word with a blessing. But everybody knows that this is something
that needs to be practiced and learned, in these days when
talkativeness prevails. Real silence, real stillness, really holding
one's tongue comes only as the sober consequence of spiritual
stillness."
(Dietrich Bonhoeffer, *Life Together*.)
Peace in Christ,
--
Vr. James C. Jarrett
Water of Life Ev. Lutheran Church
vrjarrett@wateroflifelc.org
Water of Life Lutheran Church, Forney, TX
http://www.wateroflifelc.org/
No comments:
Post a Comment