This morning I received a call that my Grandmother Thorrez has passed away. She became my grandmother when I was 8. My step-dad married my mom in 1979 and that was that. Grandma Betty and Grandpa Al welcomed us immediately. There was never a doubt that they cared for us and loved us. It takes a special love from God to treat someone else's child like you would your own. What a shining example of love she was to me. Grandpa Al is sure to need prayers as he is now half of what he has been for 65 years.
So, we are sad this day, but ever reminded that because Christ came to this earth and died for our sins, we are going to be reunited with those who love Him.
Give your loved ones a big hug today if you can.
4 comments:
Dear precious Jody,
I am touched by your sadness, but also encouraged in the hope of Christ that someday you will be reunited in heaven.
Indeed, your Grandmother no doubt welcomed a little girl into her heart who needed extra love. What a precious story. My children can identify with that because of their wonderful Dad...my Rod.
Hugs all around.
Love, Sherri
Thank you for those sweet words.
Rod is truly a wonderful man. I know that there is true devotion all around in the Martin house. I have no doubt that Rod is as blessed as much as he is a blessing.
I am so very sorry for your loss and just wish I had known before today when our own loss was looming. I'm afraid I wasn't as compassionate I am really am feeling for you. I will do what I can to help Marty with the girls while you are away...unless we go ahead and leave for OK which is entirely up to Gerald and on how he feels. Have a safe journey.
I love you. M-I-L
I'm so sorry that your holidays have been bittersweet. Our prayers are with you and your family. Grief is never easy but somehow God manages to pull us through the other side. Take care.
-Rachel
Post a Comment