
He was my grandfather, and I loved him dearly. He taught me how to play the guitar when I was 12. I have long since forgotten how. I'll never forget his patience, though, when I kept making the same mistake over & over.
He had a gift in his hands to make ordinary things beautiful. When I look at the few things I have, I know he made them just for me. I'm sad that my children won't know him like I did.
When I was little, he used to let me sit on his lap while he let his wheelchair roll down the ramp. Sometimes I thought he would tip us over, but he never did. He was good at it since he had been doing it for years. I never saw him walk, but that never mattered.
He loved my Grandma with every part of his heart. Pray for her.
When he sang 'Amazing Grace' he truly meant every word. Today he died while listening to it. He will be missed, but I know he is dancing now.
Click here for his obituary.
3 comments:
I am so sorry for your loss. I am grateful that you have such precious memories......sadly I didn't know a grandpa.
I'm rejoicing his life with you Jode. I know he has finally earned his crown and been given the chance he's been working toward his entire life...to meet his Maker...face to face.
I love you,
Kimmy
Jody, I'm so sorry for your loss. I think our grandpa's were the same age. Mine is in heaven too. ((hugs))
Post a Comment