Saturday, October 01, 2005

Happy Birthday, Rita

She's my mother-in-law.

She is the nicest mother-in-law anyone could ever hope to have. Not only did she give birth to & raise (with help from my father-in-law, of course) my very nice Marty, but she saw to it that he could read a recipe, clean up after himself (I said he can...not that he does), and iron well enough to teach me a little more than I knew about it.

In addition to that:

**She has never once complained about how I neglect housework
**She is generous with anything she has to those who need it and even to those who don't.
**The sweet potato casserole she makes is food perfection.
**When any normal woman would be sobbing under holiday pressure, she is graceful, patient, and in control.
**Whenever there is a bargain, she will find it.
**When she loves you, there is no doubt about it.

Happy Birthday, Dearest Rita!

We love you!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is such a warm, lovely tribute to your dear mother in law. I am always so thankful to see positive relationships in families. She is how I want to be with my children's spouses. PTL for such a great role model! ~Wendy Asbell

Anonymous said...

Jody,
Thank you......with tears in my eyes. You make it easy to be the kind of mother-in-law you think i am.