Sunday, March 20, 2005

Time

Time has gone by so quickly... DD #1 turned 6 today.
She has continued to amaze me over the years.
Her first words were somewhere around 7 months when she said "Bye Bye" to her Grandma.
At age 1, she knew all of her colors and shapes.
She knew how to write her name at age 2 and could write the alphabet at 3.
She began reading before her 4th birthday and now reads everything she can get her eyes on.
This past year she and her Daddy took part in 'Annie' on the theatre stage and she definitely has a gift for performing. (There are still 2 more weekends of production if you want to see it.)

I am proud of all of my girls. DD #1 was the first one of them to capture my heart. Being a mother is so much more than I ever could have imagined in every aspect. It's hard some days, but it's a job that I wouldn't trade for any other. When I see how they love me in return, I know why my own mother put up with so much from her girls. (sorry, Mom)

There really aren't any perfect words to describe motherhood.
Ruth Bell Graham put it well, though, when she said, "As a mother, my job is to take care of what is possible and trust God with the impossible."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I admire you so much....you are such a wonderful mother to my precious granddaughters. Just had to share another Ruth Bell Graham quote I heard several years ago when I was blessed to get to go hear her speak in person. "Girls, it is your job to make your husbands happy; it is God's job to make them good." That one quote changed my life and my approach to marriage. I fail sometimes, but those words keep coming back to me.
I cherish you as my daughter-in-law.