Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Sand in the Gears

Just when I get on a roll for keeping up with the laundry, dishes, or other tasks, something happens and I get stuck back where I started. Today I was going to wake up knowing that there was only one load of laundry left in the whole house. I was going to get busy packing some more boxes of stuff to put into storage. I had some plans.

Well, at 5:30 this morning I heard an awful noise coming from one of the bedrooms. Sure enough, Sarah is sick. She got sick every 10-15 minutes for about an hour and a half. So much for an only-one-load-of-laundry day. make that 3 so far.

She's been fine for a few hours now, but I can't leave her side for more than a few minutes at a time because if she happens to get sick while I'm out of the room, it ends up all over the place.

So, once in awhile I get up to do a small chore and then I come back here to the computer and catch some reading time. I've been reading this blog called Sand in the Gears and I am laughing and getting sentimental at the same time. This guy is a great blogger. I'm really enjoying his take on life. It is a perfect day to read about another 'normal' family and know that I'm not alone.

I'm going to get another cup of coffee and read some more while Sarah is snoozing.


P.S.
**Okay--I kept reading and now I'm crying.
This is why. This is so awful. I'm feeling awfully blessed today, even when Sarah has "the pukes." I'm thankful to get to watch her sleep on the couch and get some rest.
Caroline's Page

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I shared your blog with one of my oldest girlfriends today. She is a stay-at-home mommy to a one year old girl who arrived 7 weeks early. I was encouraging her to start a blog, and I thought she would be inspired by yours. :) Have a great weekend. I hope Sarah is feeling better - and that no one else got sick as a result.