Thursday, August 24, 2006

Marty the Party Gator

Yes, this is a reference to my Dear Marty. It's his birthday today & I thought I'd give him a public wish since I just couldn't find the right card while the children hovered under my feet at Walmart yesterday. I eventually had to give up because one child just had to "go" now! Aaaah... such is the life of a mother who doesn't make sure the kids "go" before we shop...

A few years ago I discovered a smallish purple t-shirt with an alligator in a party scene. I've show the image here... Apparently, Marty used to have a bit of fun in his smaller college days. Our little Sarah just loves to wear it for PJ's. And I let her. The smile she gives when she says "Marty the Party Gator" is priceless.

So, my dear Marty, have a great day knowing that your children adore you. And here is a wish that they don't have as much fun as you seem to have had so long ago.

**I have just been told that Marty's parents bought this for him in New Orleans. And here I thought it was custom made for my fun-lovin' man.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I remember finding that shirt sometime near Mardi Gras time and just couldn't resist it.