Just as Hannah is getting better, I find that the baby is now getting the dreaded pox. I really wouldn't have been stressed out if the other 2 bigger girls came down with chicken pox...but the poor baby. I feel so sad for her. She only has about 20 or so. The first ones showed up Monday. Since it's already Wednesday, I'm going to assume she won't get as many as Hannah got. I hope I'm not wrong.
Linsday hates the Benadryl with a passion. It is a struggle to get her to swallow it. I think that is the only medicine that made Hannah survive without getting too out of conrol with the scratching. The Cortaid� lotion was great, too. I used it sparingly, and it still was helpful. She was able to tell me which spots were troublesome. Lindsey can't do that & she will cry a shrill cry until it passes. It breaks my heart. She's sleeping right now, but when she wakes I think I will have to hold her until it's time for another nap. So much for folding any laundry...unless I hurry up here, right?
During her first nap I managed to clean and shine up a 4x6 section fo our wood floors with the Orange Glo Hardwood Floor Care System. It did a pretty good job for what shape our floors are in. When we (meaning my Dear Marty) tore up the old carpet in 2001 we should have had them redone. I kept thinking I wanted more carpet...but now that I think about it, I guess the hard wood is a nice feature in the house. Getting it shiny clean is a battle since there really isn't any shine left on it.
I suppose I ought to get up and clean...joyfully, of course, knowing that I am glorifying God with every effort. I confess that I forget my joy sometimes. I am working on finding it more often.
Psalm 113:9, “He maketh the barren woman to keep house, and to be a joyful mother of children. Praise ye the Lord.”
For an uplifting message on this subject, see THE REFORMED WITNESS HOUR: Joyful Mothers (Ps. 113:9)
PS-I am not familiar with the theology behind this pastor's denomination (PRCA). This article was just one that I ran across and found encouragement in reading.
No comments:
Post a Comment