Friday, June 10, 2005

The waiting is over

Well, it has finally arrived. I've been waiting for about 2 weeks.

The chicken pox is officially in our house.
Hannah woke up this morning with the telltale spots and has sprouted more throughout the day. She isn't miserable...yet. I am dreading the moment when she realizes how itchy they are. I'm guessing that she has at least 30 spots so far. Some are really close together so that one might actually be three. Most of the day has been spent playing Polly Pockets® which has distracted her enough to forget that she is sick.

So I guess I can expect the others to be getting spots soon enough.

Pray for us...just so that this might pass quickly without infecting anyone else.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi,
Came over from Momys digest. We are getting over the chicken pox here. Yes, babies can get it. My 10 month old baby girl has been pretty sick with it this week but she's much better. It'll pass. Keep your chin up.

Things that helped: oatmeal bath (fill a turned inside out sock--like hubby's sports sock with oatmeal and place in nice warm tub full of water. the sock can be squeezed into the water and rubbed on itchy body) tylenol--every 4 hours without delay, benedryl (didn't work for my baby--she seems to have some sort of allergy to it, but 3 1/2 yo did well on it). Calamine lotion did best on baby--she had a ton UNDER her hair so would lather it in to get some sleep.

Anyway it passes.
Lyn
http://lynanc.blogdrive.com --you can read our chicken pox adventure there!