Friday, June 17, 2005

Tough Week

Well, I haven't written for several days because I didn't want to whine about how hard of a week it's been. So, I won't. ;-)

The highlights:

SCHOOL
We are getting excited about this fall & school. We are a homeschooling family and Erin just finished up her first year. I actually need to confess that I haven't done much of anything. She was already reading by age 4. We did a little math and other miscellaneous projects, but for the most part it was more like "live and learn" school.
We really need to get more into school mode for this coming year, so we are going to be a part of a co-op. There are 11 families (so far) who meet twice a week. Each mom teaches a couple of small classes and the kids are learning with friends. There is a class for each of them, even the baby. I think this will benefit all of us. It might be tough to break our old habits and routines, but it will be for the best. I'll get to visit with other moms and get my "grown-up fix" that I need once in awhile. The kids will make some new friends who are not in school 5 days a week. They won't have to wait for the weekend to play with someone else. It will be the adventure Hannah is always asking to have.

HOME
We are now the proud owners of a piano. It is pretty old and warped in spots, but it plays a fair tune. The girls can't leave it alone. It's a lot of fun. I grew up with a piano. My mom plays by ear very well. I can play some things by ear...but only in the key of C. Not very great, but the kids love it when I play for them. I think we really needed some live music in the house. It has been good for Hannah to have a new distraction this past week.


VACATION
The time is nearing for my sister to come and visit. She is going to fly in from Montana on July 12. We are then going to go on a road trip to Wyoming and Montana for a family reunion. It should be fun. Well, not the driving part, but mostly it should be fun. The girls want to go see snow, so we might have to take a trip up one of the mountains. Yes, in Montana, there is still snow in the mountains in July. I think Marty saw some when we went there for our wedding reception in July of '98. Marty will not be getting a vacation anytime soon. He's busy with work, theatre, and work again. One of these days we will have another family vacation. Maybe Christmas in Wyoming again...???


KIDS

Hannah is the only one (as of today) who has chicken pox. She is pretty much done getting new ones, but now the scabs are itching her. She's been quite a trooper. I'm so proud of her for not whining in spite of having over 200 spots. 40 of which are on her head, face and neck! We found some cute chicken pox songs on iTunes. It has brought a lot of giggles to hear about someone else's adventures in scratching.

Erin is in her final days of Children's Summer Theatre Experience. We've been waiting to see if she would have the pox before it ends. She has 4 performances from this afternoon until Sunday. Keep saying prayers that she won't get them until it's over.

Sarah is anticipating her birthday on a daily basis. She insists on keeping the calendar set on July already so she can "check on" her birthday. She tells complete strangers that she is going to be "fwee" on her birthday, which is in "Januly".

Lindsey is so big! I had to put her in a different car seat because she is over 20 lbs. already. She sits up on her own. Her crawling skills are getting better every day. Whew! Time flies by so quickly. I was hoping she would be able to say "Dada" by Father's Day, but so far it has been one big dadadadadadadadada even when Daddy's not home. Of course, in our experience, once we get the girls talking there's no getting them to be quiet. This one will fit right in, I'm sure of it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know, if you had your druthers, you'd rather not have had a sick child and been able to take Erin back and forth to the theatre... I just want you to know that I was so glad to carry her back and forth those times. We had the neatest conversations in the car on the way to the theatre and home (that whole 3 minute drive).

All of your girls are so sweet-spirited. While I'm sure they have their moments (like everyone does), I've never seen a selfish act from one of them. I went by the bank yesterday with Erin, and the first thing she asked was, "do you think the lady will let us have 3 suckers?"

God bless you, girl! From where I sit, you are a natural at being a fantastic mommy! :) God knew what He was doing when He blessed you and Marty with your girls!! :)

Anonymous said...

all i can say is "AMEN" to Amy's comments
just wish i had been more available to help out too
i am so thrilled for all 5 of you girls about the "school" situation
Now i am just praying that the chicken pox won't rear it's ugly head and make travel to WY and MT a problem for you; i so want you to get to visit the rest of your family.